Truth About Pit Bulls Is Less Scary Than You Think
Pit bulls get a bad rap. But forget what you've heard about pit bulls being cold-blooded killing machines. It's not true.
Their nasty reputation for being aggressive and unpredictable has come from their history of being used in illegal dog fights. They were trained to be mean and vicious. As pit bull owners can attest, the terrible adjectives actually describe the terrible people who abused pit bulls, not the dogs themselves.
Artists are setting the record straight with some amazing pit bull art. These creative designs are helping break down the myths about pit bulls and showing everyone how awesome life with a pit bull can be.
Note: We may earn money from affiliate partners if you buy through links on our site.
There Are Many Loving Pit Bulls Out There
Who rescued who? If you're a pit bull parent, it's hard to say. But these designs are for rescue moms and dads, shelter volunteers and rescue dog lovers.
This is impactful art. And it promotes compassion for animals and captures the depth of our appreciation.
Good Dogs Are Made by Good Owners
Let's break down the truth about pit bulls a little more.
What's true about pit bull terriers:
- They were once used as fighting dogs.
- Later, many people kept them as "nanny" dogs thanks to their friendly disposition.
- They're extremely muscular and strong.
- They can deliver a serious bite, just like any other large dog.
- In the 1980s and 1990s, many pit bulls were purchased as guard dogs or to look "tough," and they were trained to be aggressive by irresponsible owners.
What's just a rumor:
- Pit bulls are aggressive by nature. Nope. They can, however, be trained to be aggressive by abusive or irresponsible treatment.
- Their jaws lock. Totally not true. They have very strong jaws and tend to shake whatever they're holding, but that's true of all terriers.
- They're unpredictable. Rumor has it that pit bulls can snap in an instant, but they're no more likely to suddenly snap on an owner than any other dog breed. When this does occur, there's usually a trigger.
The reality is that pit bulls can be beacons of joy. They're not ticking aggression time bombs. As long as you socialize and train your dog properly, there's no reason to avoid the pit bull terrier breed.
If you love pit bulls, get one and give it tons of love and care. They will make you smile as much as they do. The hardest part is picking just one.
Pit Bulls Can Make You Laugh. But They Aren't for the Meek.
These designs are made for anyone with a great sense of humor. If you're offended, you're probably not fun enough to own a pit bull.
We Pittie the Fools Who Don't Like Pit Bulls
Humor is in the eye of the beholder. If you want a good, clean pun, try one of these on for size. We hope they make you feel pittie.
These Dogs Are Some Pretty Cool Cats
Most pit bulls get along well with everyone, cats included. They also never pass up an opportunity to break into a smile.
These heartwarming designs capture the essence of pit bulls and are guaranteed to brighten your mood.
For more dog art, check out the Big Edition store.